Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Top Ten: You Know You're a Mom When...







1.  Your exercise routine consists of frighteningly vigorous and sincere club dancing to Yo Gabba Gabba.


2.  The total value of strollers you own is at least $700, your kids are all decked out in designer clothes, but your wardrobe would be scorned by shoppers at Goodwill.


3.  Your child can be having a full blown meltdown ten feet away but you are able to reach deep down inside yourself and get s--t done.


4.  The thought of another child, another young life, abandoned and suffering pains you so deeply it makes you sick.


5.  You are holding your child and she throws up all over you. Instead of throwing up yourself and holding your child away from you like a dirty diaper, you stand there, shocked and drenched, comfort your sick little one and work out a plan.


6.    You get that Incredible Hulk feeling if someone so much as looks at your kid the wrong way.


7.  You could really use therapy and a vacation (see the 1-2-3 plan at http://momsnewstage.blogspot.com/2011/08/top-ten-tuesday-ten-habits-of-mom-who.html, but your BFF/a walk/a glass of wine/three tubes of frozen cookie dough will have to do. 


8.  Wanting your child(ren) to have "options" on your day trip, you pack enough for a team of longshoremen, but either accidentally or on purpose, you don't bring a thing for yourself. 


9.  You think nothing of leaving the house without make-up, or maybe even without a shower.  Hey, if they don't like it, they can go, well you know…


10.  You swore that you'd set your hair on fire before having any more kids, but when you hold someone's sweet, cuddly newborn you can't help thinking, "What if..."







6 comments:

  1. Hahaha! This is SPOT on! I LOVE this top 10! However, I must admit, that I totally gag when Ben vomits all over me. Back when it was the projectile spit up - fine. But now that it's actual vomit - real, adult-like, should have been in the toilet vomit - I gag as I snuggle him & think of who to clean 1st, me, Ben, the dog, or the floor (as to not track vomit through the house). Also, how do you get vomit out of leather shoes? If anyone knows the answer to this question, please contact me immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on #6. This mama bear's had to step up a time or two...especially with my son. My daughter is a tough cookie. She's like his mini-mama-bear. LOL

    Loved your post - had me laughing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Here, I have one: 'You know you're a mom when at the Target register you reach into your purse to pull out your wallet but instead out comes a diaper, oops!

    Nice list Keesha :)

    Cheers!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! This list was great! I can DEFINITELY relate to 3, 4, 5, 6, and 8! LOL Hi! New follower from the FNF blog hop! I hope you'll follow back. Thanks! :) Through the Eyes of a Tiger

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can relate to it all, I didn't know how tough I was till I became a Mom! I especially like the bit in #5 about making a plan. So true.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...